Great minds quotations
Franklin Roosevelt quotes
«The only limit to our realisation of tomorrow will be our doubts of today»
«True individual freedom cannot exist without economic security and independence»
«People around the world shall have four freedoms:»
- Freedom of speech and expression
- Freedom of every person to worship God in his own way
- Freedom from want
- Freedom from fear’
Henry Ford’s philosophy
Hesitating the clerk asked:
- You are mister Henry Ford, if I am not mistaken?
- Yes, I am’ replied the man.
The clerk was surprised.
- I follow the news, and I know that your son arriving somewhere always stays in the best hotel in the city, and he always dresses gorgeously. But you are asking about the cheapest hotel, and wearing a raincoat, which is seemed to be older than you are. Are you being a billionaire watch your money?
Henry Ford replied,
- I see no need to stay in expensive hotel, because it don’t make sense to overpay for unnecessaries. Wherever I stay I am Henry Ford. And I don’t see big difference between hotels, as you can have your rest in the cheapest hotel no worse than in the most expensive one. And you are right about my coat, because my father was wearing it way back. But it does not matter, as I am still Henry Ford in this coat. My son is young and green, and he is afraid of what people may think, if he stays in a cheap hotel. But I don’t care what other people think of me, because I know my own value. And I became a billionaire because I know how to count money, and differ the real values from the fake ones.
Henry Ford’s quotes and saying
«You can do anything if you have enthusiasm. Enthusiasm is at the bottom of all progress»
«Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason so few engage in it»
«The man rigid to change is dead already, and funeral is just a formality»
«Nothing is particularly hard if you divide it into small jobs»
«Whether you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right»
Story of an old indian
Once upon a time an old Indian was teaching his grandson about life.
- A fight is going on inside of every man. It is a fight between two wolves. One is evil - he is envy, jealousy, regret, ego, false pride, and lies. The other is good - he is piece, love, hope, truth, kindness, and faith.
Little Indian touched to the heart by those words thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather,
- Which wolf will win?
The old Indian faintly smiled and replied,
- The one you feed.